The Hetrick-Martin Institute's focus on lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning (LGBTQ) youth has made it the go-to agency for the more than 500 fellow professionals and community-based organizations that annually seek our guidance in creating blueprints for their own LGBTQ youth services.
Youth is HMI’s strength.
- The oldest and largest organization dedicated to serving at-risk LGBTQ youth 12 to 24.
- Effective Program Designs: Our programs are developed, monitored, and evaluated specifically with the needs of LGBTQ youth in mind.
- Standards of Care development in LGBTQ youth work.
- A safe and supportive learning environment for LGBTQ youth.
- Community mobilization: providing wraparound services for youth by involving and engaging other service providers.
- Knowledge and work with LGBTQ subcultures and their unique needs.
- Special events as key program tools.
- Collaborative management: Effective school–community-based partnerships.
- Health and wellness programs sensitive to LGBTQ youth needs.
- Case management and counseling.
- Assessing youth for HIV testing.
- Working with difficult or hard-to-reach youth populations.